La Fortuna Waterfall, Danaus Eco Center, Sky Tram & Sky Trek
The package begins and ends at any place in Tamarindo, Reserva or Westin Conchal, and Flamingo beach.
Duration: 1 night / 2 days
Escorts: Naturalist tour guide & driver for 2 days
Accommodations at the best 2 locations in Arenal:
The Springs Resort & Spa or Arenal Kioro Suites & Spa. Please, check the following links for details: www.thespringscostarica.com or www.hotelarenalkioro.com
Breakfast in your own
Departure to Arenal Volcano
- 07:00 am Escorted private transportation to Arenal Volcano
- 11:00 am Arrival to Arenal Volcano and visit to La Fortuna Waterfall
Hike to La Fortuna Waterfall
La Fortuna Waterfall is one of the biggest falls in Costa Rica (225 ft.), with exuberant rain forest and pristine natural river pools to swim in. -Don’t forget your bathing suit and bring your camera along for this spectacular natural scenery.
Duration: 2 hours
Minimum age: No restriction
Suggested fitness level: High
Equipment for this activity: Fast drying clothes (surf shorts, outdoor synthetic clothes), sneakers, rubber-soled shoes, camera or video, bathing suit, hat, mosquito repellent, extra batteries for your camera, sun cream lotion, sunglasses, towel and money (for shopping or extra drinks)
- 01:00 pm Lunch included at Rancho Arenal Restaurant in La Fortuna
- 02:15 pm Danaus Eco-Center: Danaus develops conservation programs in a small biological reserve with a butterfly nursery and garden of medicinal plants. Observe poison or red-eyed tree frogs, basilisks, iguanas, alligators, sloths and many tropical bird species. At the end of the tour visit a replica of a Maleku Indian house where you can buy local souvenirs.
Duration: 2 hours
Minimum age: Not required
Suggested fitness level: Very low
Equipment for this activity: Sneakers, shorts, camera or video, hat, binoculars, mosquito repellent, poncho or raincoat (If rains) extra batteries for your camera, sun cream lotion, sunglasses and money (for shopping or extra drinks)
- 04:00 pm Arrival to hotel and Check-in (Check-in time at Resort: 03:30 pm)
*Please, notice that both Resort features beautiful facilities and thermal mineral hot springs where you can enjoy the afternoon at leisure.
*These volcanic waters are used for treating arthritis, obesity, skin allergies and stress. Dinner is not included Accommodations at The Springs Resort & Spa or Arenal Kioro Suites & Spa
*Transportation and guide will be available for dining out in any of the great local restaurants in La Fortuna Town or for driving to a better location if view of the volcano is cloudy from the hotel
Breakfast included at your hotel
- 08:00 am Sky Tram & Sky Trek Tour: The Sky Tram tour reaches an observation area at the highest point of the Arenal Reserve from where you can admire the rain forest around the volcano and Lake Arenal.
Upon reaching the observation deck, you will start the best zip lines in Costa Rica at the Sky Trek Canopy Tour. Adventure and adrenaline will combine allowing you to observe the rainforest high above the treetops along with stunning views of Arenal Volcano and the Lake. This tour includes 8 cables with distances up to 2460 feet and a maximum height of 660 feet.
Duration: 4 hours
Minimum age: 8 years old Suggested fitness Level: High
Equipment for this activity: Long pants, jacket or raincoat, hiking boots or sneakers, croakies or straps (to secure glasses), waterproof camera, mosquito repellent, changing clothes, (if rains) and money (for shopping)
ACCORDING TO SAFETY POLICIES, IT IS NOT PERMITTED TO DO THE SKY TREK TOUR
WEARING SHORTS OR SANDALS
- 12:00 pm Depart to your place back in Guanacaste Lunch is not included. *You can have lunch at Sky Trek Restaurant or we kindly will offer an optional stop for lunch on the way to your Hotel
- 05:00 pm Arrival to your Residence, dinner is not included
This package includes:
Accommodations as described above for 1 night, air conditioning, escorted transfers to hotel and destinations described above, hike to La Fortuna Waterfall, visit to Danaus Ecocenter, Sky Tram, Sky Trek, 1 breakfast, 1 lunch and a professional Tour Guide for 2 days.
*Transportation and guide will be available for dining out or for driving to a better location if view of the volcano is cloudy from the hotel.
Gratuities for tour guides and drivers are not included Customized package on private basis
*Please advise if you have any special room requests, food allergies or special requirements
What to bring?
Rain gear, bathing suit, hiking boots or sneakers, hat, mosquito repellent, fast drying clothes (surf shorts, outdoor synthetic clothes), rubber-soled shoes that can get wet, camera or video, extra batteries for your camera, small flashlight, hat, sun cream lotion, sunglasses, binoculars, photocopies of your passports, towels, and money -small bills- (for gratuities & incidentals)
*Major credit cards are accepted, however, some shops and restaurants will not take big denominations bills.